Friday, December 01, 2006

Gettin' the rock

Jumpin' Jehosaphat!

I think there must be something in the Socks that Rock dyes. People go nutso for this yarn! Grown women transform into vultures! They will line up for hours! They will drive for miles! They will spend their children's college funds!

Not really being much of a sock knitter, I haven't been able to understand the madness. (Sadly, I only completed one sock for Socktoberfest. Not one pair. One sock.) When I heard that Lettuce Knit had recieved an order of the crack Socks that rock yarn, I decided to see what all of the fuss was about.

I fought the crowd, and managed to walk away with two pretty skeins of the stuff. I found myself attracted to all the colourways with the word 'rock' in the title - Rooster Rock, Rocktober... Hmmm. Curious. In the end I decided on "Jailhouse Rock" and "Lagoon". You can see I wasted no time winding one skein up for the big debut-knit:



Oh yeah, and then this jumped in my bag:

Manos del Uruguay Kettle dyed wool - colour 101 - oops!


Now lets just see if I become a convert to the holy church of 'Rock'. You here that, yarn? Impress me!

No comments: