Saturday, December 16, 2006

I have no knits to blog pa-rum-pum-pum-pum!

Santa's on his way, and I'm almost ready for him. I finished TWO knit gifts yesterday. Woo-hoo! Of course, I had originally intended to knit something for everyone and anyone I had ever met... yeah, that's totally not happening. The list has been whittled down to a manageable four. Sensible, lady-like bites of knitting. Completely doable.

As I can't give away what my knitty-gifts are as of yet, here's what else I've been up to:



Hand made wrapping paper! My apartment is teaming with art supplies, as both myself and the bf had to buy every kind of paint or paper imaginable to make it through four years of art school. I could create a new 'object d'art' everyday from now to eternity and never run out of supplies. As a result, every now and then I root through the boxes of goodies, did out a bunch of things I had totally forgotten about (we have gold ink? Cool!) and come up with a way to put the stuff to use. The paper with the green trees was lino-block printed (but could easily have been done potato-stamp style). The gold stars were hand painted. Great mindless crafty-work for in front of the boob-tube! (This year's crafting brought to you by all five seasons of Absolutely Fabulous).

After my triumphant completion of TWO knitted object last night (did I mention that before?), I decided to take a crack at
amigurumi. You may remember I bought some neat-o japanese craft books in NYC. Not being much of a crocheter (yet) I asked a workmate if he could get his japanese speaking girlfriend to translate some of the instructions for me. She totally went over and above:


Diagrams! Anime stationary! As if I'm not going to crochet everything in this book for her!



Does it look like a chihuahua yet?


I have a feeling I'm going to get seriously addicted to making these little creatures. They're quick, easy, and c'mon...how cute?!

Nine more knitting days until x-mas. Ahhhh!

toodles;
Miss.Muffy

No comments: