Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tiny sweater, Tiny victory

I have a friend with bun in the oven, and that bun is, well... just about ready. Lucky for me, I'm finding baby sweaters are a piece of cake!



Two evenings of knitting and she's almost done!



I'm not sure if I take the cat's interest as approval or disdain. I certainly know it's not jealousy. (My younger self learned that lesson trying to dress my family cat in Cabbage Patch clothes.) I don't think she wants a kitty sweater.

The pattern is this from Knitting Pure and simple. The yarn is Red Heart (hush you yarn snobs!) Cotton Twist from the stash.

This yarn has lived many lives. It was originally purchased to become my very first sweater. After knitting the back and one sleeve I lost interest . Frog. Rewind. It's second life? The accidentally tiny, accidentally fishnet shrug. Frog. Rewind. I've learned a lot since then, and so far the baby sweater is measuring up to be it's final incarnation. Fingers are crossed this one will never test the waters of the frog pond!

3 comments:

Diane said...

I may have to rethink my position as a yarn snob...I just found a yarn that looks (not quite feels) like Noro and it is 50% wool and 50% nylon!!! The baby sweater is cute...Red Heart washes well...

Anonymous said...

Hello from New Zealand. I was searching the blog world when your blog popped up. It is a very crafty world - worth sharing, so I have mentioned your blog @ #336 on my blog - 21 Great Blogs To Read.
The easiest way to find my blogs is to do a search on Google.
Key in - krazy kelvin
Click - I'm feeling lucky.

Anonymous said...

eeep! There's tons o' buns in ovens right now! I have a couple of little itty bitty baby things to knit for June-babies - so exciting! Your sweater looks super cute! And your christmas knitting looks great - you're a busy lady!