Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm starving - is there any more champagne?

Watch out fashionistas! Here's my comes my best Vogue pose:




Familiar, non?

Okay, it turns out you can't recreate a professional photo shoot with merely a digital camera and a self-timer (why is there never anyone around to take my picture during daylight hours?). In fact, I should be applauded for getting myself in the frame at all. I had quite a few of these:



Anyhooz, you get the idea. The cashmere sweater is complete!




Pattern: Cowl Neck Sweater - Pattern #20 from Vogue Knitting Fall 2006
Yarn: Brushed Cashmere from School Products (substitute for mohair)
Needles: Denise Interchangeables

This sweater took me down a long and winding road to say the least. First there was the business of the 'un-plying' (we shall never speak of it again). Then there was the knitting and subsequent re-knitting of the sleeves. (Though I knit the sleeves a whole two inches shorter than the pattern suggested, they still managed to turn out orangutan length. Curious.) Then I went and knit the cowl neck backwards. In the end, none of it really matters. I wear it with cuffs, and the yarn is so fuzzy no one would ever notice the 'reverse stockinette' neckline. The important thing is it fits. It's also light as a feather and warm as all heck. Hurray for finished objects!

1 comment:

Diane said...

the sweater looks great...you are knitting up a storm in that sub-zero climate