Monday, February 12, 2007

Orangitis

Sleeves are complete! Weee! Now to block/seam and knit the cowl neck. The cashmere sweater will soon be mine - Muah-ah-ah-ah-ah ! (That's supposed to be an evil laugh - use your imagination). If anyone has any tricks for seaming fuzzy yarn like this puh-lease let me know. I think doing it 'properly' (ie: mattress stitch etc...) would be a nightmare. The fuzz makes it darn near impossible to tell one stitch from another. Whip-stitch it together with the same yarn, perhaps? Run her through the the old Singer? I've spent so much time knitting and re-knitting this sweater the last thing I need is an unfortunate sewing machine mishap!

As an interesting side note: Just when I thought I had seen enough orange cashmere I came across this:



I was merrily blog-hopping away and spotted this very familiar looking fuzzy yarn on Jenny Check. SAME YARN! Quite a coincidence considering it's from School Products. Further proof of the ever-shrinking world be live in... or the irresistible allure of Italian cashmere. Whatevs.

1 comment:

Reckless Glue said...

ooo is that wavy scarf from knitty? I made that last year too! (parallel lives again)--I'm in the throes of frogging it actually.
man you hit the motherlode with all that cashmere~