Revisit the past! Remember my knit-o-lutions? Neither do I! I thought I'd take a look back and see if I could cross anything of the list. Call it a quarterly update.
• Learn to knit Continental style
• Knit something requiring (stranded) colour work
• Felt something on purpose
• Knit something with cables
• Knit double the amount of sweaters that I did last year (that would mean 2)
Oh dear. Let's break this down:
• Learn to knit Continental style: PENDING. I don't know whether to consider this fulfilled or not. I attempted continental knitting. Does that count? I knit a swatch and found it awkward and painfully slow. I gave up on it pretty quick. I think it's a classic case of old dog/new tricks. Or impatience. Either/or.
• Knit something requiring colour work: NEGATORY. Nothing yet, but I hear Lettuce Knit may have a fair isle class in the works for the summer. I'll get to it - must knit argyle someday!
• Felt something on purpose:NOPE. I just haven't found a felting pattern that appeals to me yet.
• Knit something with cables: SUCCESS! The Best Friend Cardigan! It's no aran masterpiece, but hey - a cable's a cable.
• Knit double the amount of sweaters that I did last year 50%Not too shabby! I did complete two sweaters in 2007, but technically, one was started in 2006. I won't count it (but I reserve the right to reconsider if I find myself a little short on the sweater count come December).
SCORE: 1.5 / 5
Not too shabby for just a couple of months!
Next on the agenda: stashbusting. EEK!