Friday, March 09, 2007

Lickety split knit


***BLINK***


Ahhh. Sometimes you just need to whip up something quick n' dirty to make yourself feel like an accomplished knitter. This pattern is 'hothead' from Stitch n'Bitch , knit in Lamb's Pride Bulky.

This is a full circle knitting story.

After knitting my brother a Dr.Who scarf for Christmas, (requiring no less than seven different colours of Lambs Pride Bulky), I still had a decent amount of yarn leftover. Yay! I told him I would (eventually) make him a matching hat. Three months later (giggle, eyelash bat), I finally dug out the yarn. I had planned on just winging-it pattern-wise, then I recalled my bro had taken a shine to a hat in the Stitch n' Bitch book. A few years ago, he gave me the book (again, for Christmas) and I remember looking through it with him. Something stripey had caught his eye. To the bookshelf I went! I flipped through the book and would you believe, the pattern in question called for... drum roll please... Lamb's Pride Bulky! Ding! Ding! Ding! How's that for a co-inky-dink?

As a side note, let me just say, I loves me some Lamb's Pride Bulky. So cushy and ropey and fuzzy. I totally think it's underrated!

3 comments:

Diane said...

amazing....one blink and you've knitted an awesome hat!!!

The Nutritionista said...

I like it...but who's head is that?

Reckless Glue said...

love it~ You're gettin' a lot of mileage out of the SNB books!