Thursday, March 01, 2007

Total Babe

Check out this total babe!



Is that a hand knit sweater I see?



Looks like this little man has even been out on the town in his little red sweater. (Not that he was aware of that fact - apparently he slept through the whole ordeal)



I still have yet to meet this little bundle of joy (alas, he lives 400K away!), but at least I can sleep soundly knowing he is adequetely swathed in knitwear.

Here in Toronto, I'm sporting new knitwear as well:






Pattern: Hurry up Spring Armwarmers from Stitch n' Bitch Nation
Yarn: Lambs Pride Worsted in "Kiwi"
Needles: Cheapo Alluminum DPNs (Boyle?)


These are proving handy bridging the breezy gap between my coat sleeves and mittens. Of course, ever the perfectionist, I'm not perfectly happy with them and am already contemplating knitting another pair. Perhaps my own design? While these are warm and cozy, I'd like something in a finer guage yarn (I find the bulkiness tends to hamper finger mobility a little) . Basically, they're great for walking around outside, but not so good for wearing indoors when circumstances prove chilly. My office is in an old factory building which, though quite charming, is often a little on the breezy side. Typing-friendly armwarmers would prove a great asset.
Designing armwarmers will have to go on the backburner for a wee bit, while I finish up my current projects and do a little stash-busting. How is it I've been knitting up a storm, not buying any new yarn, and yet the stash isn't getting any smaller?

1 comment:

Reckless Glue said...

is that Darby? how adorable!

and I love the colour of those gloves~