Friday, April 20, 2007

Forgoddablogit

Whew! What a week it's been at casa de knitteroo! I've been working a lot of overtime and alas, the knitting has suffered. Though with overtime working hours comes overtime pay - yippee! As a special treat for all my hard work I ordered me some schmancy french pattern books!




Of course, I'm already knitting a pattern from one of these catalogues, but I don't actually own the book (thanks for the scan Cara - now I'm goin' legit!). Patterns priced in euros that must be mailed overseas are extravagances meant to be indulged in sparingly. You know, like cheesecake.

With precious little knitting time comes precious little blog-fodder. Lucky for me, I'm prepared for just such a situation. I have emergency back-log blog fodder!


(Yes, my living room is red and black. No, I'm not a goth.)

I put together the loopy pillow! I sewed up a pillow case with some satin-y red fabric, then slip stitched the knitting to the edges. Unfortunately, a fourteen inch knit square needs to stretch considerably to cover a fourteen inch pillow form. Who knew?



Waah! Totally not cute. I'm still debating how to fix this. Should I knit an i-cord border to en-biggen the knitting? Or should I just go for it and knit the back of the pillow so that the whole darn thing is knit and stretchy? With all the grief this "simple" project has given me, I can't say I'll be getting around to fixing it anytime soon. Besides, a perfectly constructed pillow would clash with the scuffed hardwood and warped drywall. Why ruin the ambiance? And anyway, the cats like it just fine. In fact I think it's become Selena's new boyfriend:

2 comments:

pamela wynne said...

*love* the Phildar books -- besides the swing jacket, there are about 6 nautical sweaters in that first one that keep calling to me...

Reckless Glue said...

there's a good sailor sweater in that phildar book I'm contemplating as well...