Tuesday, May 08, 2007

No sheep for me! (but lots of silkworms)

The PINK kerchief is complete! Simple knitting like this is delicious. I'm thinking I might need to have something like this on the needles all the time!

Yarn: Alchemy Pagoda 100% silk in "Punky"
Needles: Addi Turbo 6mm
Pattern: Meh! I did this:

CO 3 sts
Row 1: INC 1, PM, K1, PM, INC 1
Row 2: *INC 1, K to marker, YO, K1, YO, K to last ST, INC 1
*Repeat Row 2 until you run out of yarn

And speaking of running out of yarn, check out how much I had left after binding off:



Four inches! I sure showed that skein who's boss! Take that, Punky!

I bound off Tuesday just in time to wear it today for the No Sheep for You book launch. I wore it Wednesday, planning to block it later. I pinned it out tonight...



... and what's this?



It can't be!



Nooooooo! A dropped stitch! So much for delicious knitting! It's like finding a black fly in your chardonnay! Wait, did I just quote an inaccurate example of irony as sung by Alanis? Time to change the subject.


The book launch! No Sheep For You was officially unveiled last night at Lettuce Knit (duh):




Dig LK's bitchin' new glass!

Amy sure knows how to throw a party. Pizza (the good stuff), cupcakes, libations and...



...prizes! We were all given a ticket to throw in the "fancy door prize ticket thingy". Amy diligently called out number after number, allowing said lucky winner to take a place in line to pilfer the glorious table of prize-age (a big 'ole selection of books and yarn). I was lucky enough to be, I don't know, about 5th in line, when I heard a commotion outside. Amy had tossed the "fancy door prize ticket thingy". Though there were a good many knitters eager for goodies, there was more than enough goodness to go around. It became a free-for-all. Sounds scary, no? A large gathering of knitters let loose upon a collection of free knit-related prize-age! Biting? Scratching? Surely, there was a little hair pulling! Surprisingly, we were all quite civilized! After the last skein was adopted - not a missing limb in the bunch. What a great bunch of considerate knitters!

Wary of adding yet another skein of lovely, yet unnecessarily yarn to the stash I chose a book:



Oooh...glamorous!

Then, Amy said I absolutely had to take this as well:



Apparently, it's "totally me". Really! Don't you know my mother reads this blog!?! In all seriousness though, I understand where she's coming from. It's sassy, I'm sassy...blah, blah, blah. I just don't think I'll be knitting any pasties any time soon. (Don't get me wrong - I love it! Totally grateful!) On the flip side, I now have a one stop pattern resource for any upcoming bridal showers! I can't wait to force the next bride-to-be to open this in front of their grandmother:

6 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

hey lady...where'd you get that big graph paper you're using for blocking?

--and nice hauls!

Susan P said...

OMG, NOW I've seen everything!

Miss Muffy said...

Oh - that 'graph paper' is actually a sewing thing-a-majig. You can get them at fabric land. (I think they're for pattern drafting?) It's a big piece of corrugated cardboard with measurements on it. Very handy for blocking!

Reckless Glue said...

damn. I've tried there. they had no idea what I was talking about. They did have some nice fabric ones though but they were 80 bucks and way too small. I'll hassle them again...thanks for the 411.

nicole said...

-sigh- jealous. I should bite the bullet & take my knitting to the LK stitch n' bitch night - instead of knitting at home all alone like a hobbit.

Miss Muffy said...

Do it!