Sunday, June 17, 2007

7 year stitch

Has it really been a whole week since my last post? The summer shows up and BAM! There goes a whole seven days! Like sands through the hour glass..

You'd think I'd have a lot to report on the knitting front then, wouldn't you? Though the pointy sticks have come out to enjoy the sunshine with me on many occasion, the progress is slow. I've been forcing myself to try to complete the Phildar Swing Jacket before casting on for anything new. Waah! It's so hard! I'm itchin', I tells ya! Why do I torture myself so?

Well, okay, I can't say I've been completely faithful to one project. There's just a little project polygamy going on:



Yup, that's the yarn formerly seen as my sock nemesis:Anastasia. (It doesn't count as a new project if it was frogged and started anew, right?) I'm rockin' this alternating rib thing, and so far - so good.



No yarnover headaches, no every second row pattern nonesense, just some straight up knits and purls. The Anastasia pattern was Rocky Road, and what can I say? I like vanilla.

Oh, and don't forget to check out the Mexican wrestling shindig next Friday at the Embassy! Look ma! My name's in print!:



(So my name's not actually "Miss Muffy". There's no such thing as the Easter Bunny either!)

I think they're hanging El Yarno in the window. Whee!

No comments: