Saturday, June 30, 2007

Happy Canada Day!

Long weekend! Squeal!

I'm overwhelmed with possibilities. Sew some new curtains? Start a new knitting project? Finish that painting I started months ago?

After some contemplation, I decided I have far too many hobbies. I'm keeping it simple and spending some hard earned leisure time, knitting on the patio and trying to get some sun on my office-white legs:



What's that beside those pasty gams? I took a little jaunt to my favourite place on earth (namely any thrift store) and made a little yarn score:



Three balls of seemingly identical yarn: two different labels. I'm going with the "majority rules" concept deem it Sesia Nastrolino "lino". Any idea what I can do with 195 metres of linen tape yarn?

In the meantime I've cast on something new. No details (I'm going to try to keep it a quasi-surprise), but let it be known it's recipient is a wee little person who hasn't arrived yet.

Though it seemed impossible with the number of knitting needles kicking around this place, I didn't actually have the right size for this project. An excuse to visit the yarn store! I decided to go for the gold:



Addi lace needles! God bless that German engineering. I let Megan at Lettuce Knit convince me to get the long ones and try out magic loop. Why haven't I tried this before? I really have to try out new techniques more often.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a date with a barbeque. Happy Canada Day! Go eat a maple donut and have a beer, eh?

1 comment:

Reckless Glue said...

never enough needles!