Monday, June 04, 2007

Socks not Rocking

*****WARNING*****

The following post is not intended for all audiences. Some scenes contain violence (frogging), nudity (knitting needles) and adult situations (mature decision making). Viewer discretion is advised.



Oh Anastasia sock, why hast thou have forsaken me?



We began as friends. I cast you on, provisionally, with ease. Your short-row toe was lovely, round, aching to be filled with chilly toes. Your foot laughed at it's accompanying chart mocking; "I need no instruction!". Our courtship was a flurry of glorious yarn-overs. We were in love.

And then. We turned. The heel.

What happened Anastasia? We used to be so free and easy! I used to be able to predict your every move! But something changed. You're different now, difficult, impossible to relate to. I give and give and you laugh in my face. I've grown weary of your frequent mistakes. Our relationship has grown toxic. You're no good for me. I know it's hard, but trust me, it's better this way:



I'm sorry Anastasia, but it's over.

2 comments:

anastasia said...

I'm sorry to have caused you so much pain. Please don't hate me. Can't we still be friends? Oh wait, you were talking about the sock :P

Reckless Glue said...

whaaa? but it looks like it's almost done there!