Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pirate treature

"Professor, what's another word for pirate treasure?"
"Well I think it's booty" "booty" "booty that's what it is"


I'm BA-ACK! I am most certainly refreshed and mosquito bitten, though I managed to avoid the sunburn (some thanks in part to inclement weather). Why is it that despite poor weather, allergy attacks and swarms of ferocious mosquitoes, I still managed to have a fantastic time? Maybe it's this:



***TIP*** Whilst cottaging, one can still appear fashionable despite lack of shower facilities and cosmetics, by simply donning enormous sunglasses. (Found these at a thrift store for 99 cents - take that Queen St. West!)

Lots of vacation knitting news to report, but I'll narrow this post down to a single FO.

SUEDE BOOTIES




Yarn: Berroco Suede
in colour 3714 Hopalong Cassidy and Marks & Kattens "Teddy" in 538

Needles: Addi Turbo lace and Denise Interchangeable

Notes / Modifications: I initially knit the larger size and didn't like the way it looked. The leg of the bootie seemed far too large. I started again in the smaller size, and though I still found the leg wide, overall it was much better. (I know babies have "cankles", but it was esthetically displeasing, okay!) Also - I opted not to knit the sole in a different colour - what's the point, really?

The pattern is super cute and very quick and easy. I like the look of the "suede" yarn knitted, but I wouldn't buy it again. Firstly, ribbon yarn sucks ass. It twists and splits and I just plain don't like it. Second, it's expensive. I don't mind spending money on a really great yarn, but this stuff is 100% nylon novelty yarn. I can't imagine knitting a whole garment out of it (although my favourite pattern in the latest Knitty is made from the same yarn!).

Gratuitous baby pics!



3 comments:

Diane said...

very cute...reminds me of "baby Uggs"

Reckless Glue said...

lookin' good --lady, baby and booties! And speaking of being on the same page lately, we appear to rocking a similar hair cut lately too. how weird is that? It looks better on you tho ;)

Juls said...

so cute! I hear you on the price factor for this suede yarn...end result looks great on your adorable model!