Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sum-sum-summertime

I'm having a little case of blogger block these days. Yes, I have progress to report, but snappy commentary? Witty banter? Pithy anecdotes? Nada.

But, hey, I've got knitting!



The Twinkle Biker vest is back on track. I think I was a little quick to judge the pattern, really. I'm an inexperienced lace knitter/chart reader which must account for at least half of my initial trouble. We fought. We made up. We're back together. It's cool.



I'm really having fun knitting this little baby sweater. It's just round and round and round in stockinette, but the colour changes keep me on my toes. I ripped back and changed the colours a bit since my last post. Much better.

I'm trying my hand at carrying the colours along the back instead of breaking yarn with each new colour:



I've never done this before and it's easy enough, but I foresee a big problem: Baby hands + loops of yarn = wee fingers getting caught. Crap! If I ignore it and knit real fast the problem will go away though, right?

I'll figure it out. I may not be the world's fastest or most experienced knitter but I'm nothing if not determined. Even without pithy anecdotes!

1 comment:

Reckless Glue said...

hey, I have that exact same bowl that you're using as a fruit bowl in your last post!
great minds lady...