Thursday, July 12, 2007

Vacay

As much as I love the city, about once a year I have to run screaming to the country. Maybe it's the smell of hot garbage, but the GTA just starts getting a little intolerable by July. On that note dear readers, I'm off for a week at "the cottage". Yay! I expect to return refreshed, sunburned, mosquito bitten, and dying for a place that sells organic fair trade soy milk lattes.

I'm off to pack, but first, progress from my silversmith class:



Looks a little more ring-like, a little less hunk of scrap metal-like.



I've made good progress on a second project too. I'll keep you guessing on exactly what that's going to be.

And what's this?





Yup, I finally put together the Phildar Swing Jacket. No time to post a big spiel about it now, but it's finished. FINISHED!

Lots and lots of posts to come when I get back!

3 comments:

firefly said...

mmmm...hot garbage - deliciousness. fear not the country shall save ye! have an awesome vacation. and whatever those wing things are they look pretty damn cool

Reckless Glue said...

have fun! your posts will be missed :(

one more week till my own vay-cay...I am counting down the days.

Vaedri said...

Have fun at the cottage! I'm counting down the days until my week away in Muskoka. (10)