Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

I Said You Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', You Got To Be Startin' Somethin'! ...

...you get the idea.

My long weekend of overwhelming free time got me started on a lot, and finished on not. (They're just never long enough, are they?) Ah well, there should be some cottage knitting in my future. In the meantime: Looky what I started!




Okay, so this is probably going to be impossible to keep secret. I hate keeping secrets! Besides, I need the blog-fodder. Yes, it's going to be a baby sweater. Who's baby will be sporting this little number? Muah-ah-ah-ah! That's what I'm keeping secret. Take that expectant mothers!

I also started the Twinkle Biker Vest:



Unh, yeah. Didn't get too far on that one. It looks sadder than those poor overripe bananas. (Hmm, must find time to make banana bread) But, like, seriously, you guys? I'm not so sure about this one. Love the yarn. Love the design. But the pattern? I've only knit two rows and I want to pull my hair out (except that I just got an awesome haircut). I had to cast on and rip back twice. It's not that it's a hard pattern, it's just so damn vague. I know I've said that before about Twinkle patterns, but I can't resist! All I ask is for a little chart, a few more instructions. Throw a knitter a bone, Twinkle!

Oooh, Did I tell you I'm taking a silversmith class? I'm totally copying Amy. I had my first class on Thursday and this is what transpired:



Apparently that smooshed piece of silver and that free-floating hunk of jade is going to be come together and magically become a fabulous piece of jewelry. (No, I don't know how. Geesh! I've only had one class! Lay off!) I have to come up with a second jewelery project for the class tomorrow. Gaah! The possibilities!

4 comments:

Vaedri said...

Ooh. Envious. That class looks like a lot of fun.

amy [Knitty] said...

ne stress pas.
sarah makes everything possible.

love the jade -- but is it one of the approved stones? [it has to take a lot of pounding from our inexperienced hands!]

Reckless Glue said...

oooh aah! I lurve jade!

shopgirl said...

hey there! I dug back on your blog to check out your biker vest because I'm trying to make it. Dang! this isn't easy at all! I haven't found any errata out there, and I've knit some pretty crazy charts with no problems before, so I expected this to be a breeze. Not so! Yours turned out awesome, so just wondering if you can spare (or remember) any pointers for me?