Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Le re-run

Look Familiar?



"With all of this secret baby knitting going on, I thought I would finally post some pictures of my re-worked Phildar Swing Jacket. If you recall, I wasn't happy with the fit. I removed the collar and re-attached it, then moved the buttons to prevent dreaded "boob gape-age". (I'd still like to find bigger buttons, but that can wait.) Overall? A better fit! (I bet hardly anyone notices but me, but I really think it's much better!)

As nice as it is to have a live-in assistant to help you take your blog photos, the situation is not without it's problems. The issue with being a foot shorter than your photographer? Aerial perspective! See how my boobs look like an big shelf and my legs look like twigs in the photo above? My (crap) self-timer photo gives you a better idea of what my proportions are supposed to look like:



Look! Legs! Despite better proportions, I obviously needed a little assistance to get good shot. After a little coaching things he got better:





He even captured a little classic hair-toss action:



With a little practice, we'll get this photo-shoot thing in the bag. In the meantime, I'll try to work on something other than secret knitting to give you folks some bloggy goodness!

11 comments:

kgirl said...

I can definitely see the adjustments (not that I thought it looked that bad the first time!. Looks great - you seem much happier after those few litle changes, too!

Reckless Glue said...

lookin' good-- Teddy's lookin' pretty hot too!

Macoco said...

The reworked jacket looks awesome! You're lucky to have an in-house assistant to work as your photographer. They did a great job. ;)

Christie said...

Yes, the fit is much better! I think the collar looks great in it's new place!

pamela wynne said...

SO cute -- I do think it looks more tailored.

I should really pick mine back up again...

mle said...

Nice job!! much more swingy than before, I love it! now I just need to actually start mine.

insaknitty said...

popped over from the kal. looks fabulous! I should pull mine out of the wip basket and get working again. yours is definitely an inspiration!

Virtuous said...

It looks wonderful!

LOL @ getting photographer trained!

Amy said...

OoooOooh, I have thrown mine in some dusty corner in frustration but you've inspired me to try a little tenderness and move my buttons up! Well done!

Joan [yarnygirl.com] said...

the jacket looks great on you!

nicole said...

The jacket looks awesome!
My live-in photographer needs some training too - but I think his feelings get hurt when I don't end up using the photos he takes.