Monday, September 10, 2007

Mmm...farm smell

My memory is shorter than Verne Troyer. It wasn't so surprising then, when I got a phone call Sunday afternoon from Laura asking "So..., are you coming?". The Dye class! (I signed up for one of Lettuce Knit's new Dye workshops a few weeks ago.) But wasn't that next Sunday? Just that very morning I had meant to double-check...

Lucky for me, I live around the corner from the yarn store. I changed into a doesn't-matter-if-I-get-dye-on-it shirt, grabbed a bag of yarn and flew out the door.

A few hours later I had turned this:



Into this:



Turns out dying is a snap! Sure there's some math and the lovely "farm" smell that comes from hot, wet wool, but overall? Snappy! In fact, pretty hard to mess up. My yarn isn't exactly the shade I was going for, but I still like it a lot.



The best part is, I now know how to over-dye it if I decide I want to change it. I think I might pick up a few pots of dye from G&S and give it a go at home sometime. Think of the makeover I could give some of my stash yarn! Wheee! New hobby alert!

2 comments:

Vaedri said...

I love, love, love that colour! I'd like to do a class at Lettuce Knit sometime, but it's a bit of of the way for me. Someday.

lekkercraft said...

nice! looks like a peacock. you know, most overdying experiments i've witnessed usually come out looking really cool.