Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Goodbye summer, Hello Sweaters

Nooooh!



My flowers have shriveled. The Ex has come and gone. The film festival is around the corner and I have a nagging compulsion to buy a new three ring binder. Yup, it's autumn in Toronto.

While it still feels like summer, at least weather-wise, I am beyond excited about what cooler weather means for my knitting. I need sweaters! Scarves! Hats! And then there's x-mas knitting. Gaaah! I am constantly fighting the urge to cast on a million different projects. So far, it's just the one newbie:



The aformentioned Clapotis. I believe this marks the first time I am knitting the same pattern twice. It's kind of nice. Like finding a good movie on tv that you've seen before, but so long ago it seems all shiny and new again. I do however recall thinking if I ever knit another Clap, I would change the kfb stitches to purls. Why is it I can barely remember what I had for breakfast, but I remember this pattern detail from something I knit a year ago? Selective memory indeed.

The Clap was not to be casteth on until I finished my baby sweater, so here she be:



I did not enjoy knitting this. I did not enjoy the finishing of this. After blocking and sewing on some buttons? I love it! Sure it's got a few flaws, but enh? Only a knitter would know. Check the cute buttons!:



And just in time for back to school, I bring you the apple cozy:



Inspired by Cara, and knit for Cathy.

4 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

omg that baby sweater is ADORABLE!

Reckless Glue said...

hmmm and that apple cozy pattern seems like it might be a better one than the ones I did...less seaming!

Christie said...

So very cute! The baby sweater and the apple cozy. I might have to make a few of those for my nieces.

And the same goes for me...Clapotis is one of the only patterns I've done more than once. Been there, done that...

The Nutritionista said...

I LOVE my apple cozy!