Thursday, September 20, 2007

Welcome to Jerkville, Population: Me

A few days ago I arrived home from work to discover a UPS delivery notice on my door. This was odd for two reasons. A) I didn't recall purchasing anything in the recent past and B)It said "second delivery attempt" when I never received a "first delivery attempt". Despite being no where near Christmas or my birthday, I grilled my boyfriend for answers; "Are you sure you didn't buy me a present on eBay?" Sadly, I could tell he was telling the truth when he said no.

After calling UPS to get them to deliver it to my neighbour instead of continuing to leave sticky notes on my door, the mystery was finally solved:



OMIGODOMIGODOMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD!!!!!



Total euphoria followed by nagging guilt. After all that whinging about the gift certificate from Twinkle, she goes and sends me a sweaters worth of yarn!!! Not only that, but in a colour I love!



Twinkle's Soft Chunky in Peacock Blue. It's soft and squishy and fluffy and iloveitiloveitiloveit!



Now I feel like a big fat jerk for being so ungrateful. It makes me wonder though; was this yarn sent to me because of the blog post? Is Wenlan Chia reading this right now? Gaaah! It's not like I'm not aware that this blog is on the Internet and accessible by anyone with a computer, but... really? Don't successful fashion designers have too much on their plates to be reading my humble blog? The thought has me thrilled and terrified at the same time.

My most sincere apologies go out to Twinkle. I'm an ungrateful bastard that doesn't deserve your yarn! (But I'm still keeping it, K?)

10 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

man you need a bigger horseshoe up your ass!

Knitting Mama said...

What a gorgeous color!

Miss Muffy said...

Wouldn't that be smaller horseshoe?

Reckless Glue said...

I guess my sarcasm didn't come through...

knitography said...

Ooooooh, that's pretty! What a lucky knitter you are!

lekkercraft said...

aw, that's sweet that they sent you yarn, and in such a beautiful color! I can't wait to see what you do with it :)

kgirl said...

don't you hate that?! but very nice of them to send you some yarn as well - enjoy knitting it, and accept it as it is - a lovely gesture!

Macoco said...

Wow - that is a beautiful color. ;)

Christie said...

Congratulations! Sometimes you just have to say what you feel...It was very sweet of her to send the yarn...with a handwritten note no less! Make something fabu!

Knitterella said...

Gee, I hope I get a box of yarn for winning for the month of September!

I haven't gotten anything yet…

Congrats on your sweet win!! :)
Jill

P.S. How she doesn't read my blog, I vented a bit about all the errors that was found in her book a few times!