Sunday, November 25, 2007

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

Some knitters tend to pooh-pooh scarves as beginner projects. I can't say I agree with them, as there are certainly a lot of schmancy scarf patterns out there, but at the same time, I don't often find myself dreaming of my next scarf project. Then winter comes and my neck gets cold, and last years scarf doesn't match this years jacket and suddenly - a scarf must be knit and must be knit fast!



PATTERN: Diamond Scarf from Twinkle's Big City Knits by Wenlan Chia
YARN: Manos Del Uruguay 100% wool - 2 skeins
COLOUR: Jungle - 101
NEEDLES: 15mm addi turbos
MODS: Doubled the yarn - no fringe

At long last I knit myself a scarf from my long neglected Manos. After so much Twinkle frustration, I felt I was owed a successful FO from the book. And here we have it!



The diamond pattern gets pretty lost in the multi-coloured yarn, but I wanted something wide and mesh-y and that's exactly what I got! The width is perfect, though it could stand to be a bit longer. It's most definitely long enough to wear, and the openness of the pattern makes it nice and cooshy. I may eventually add fringe in a co-ordinating yarn, but for now it's going directly into high wardrobe rotation.

Next project? This:



I'm dusting off the crochet hooks for some quick Christmas presents. Hope I remember how to use them!

1 comment:

Reckless Glue said...

heeee bender!

love the scarf~