Thursday, November 22, 2007

Snow Day!

Today I woke up to this:



Crap! I knew I should have put away the patio furniture! (The photo doesn't do it justice but that was freezing rain) To be more specific, I woke up to my clock radio announcing school bus cancellations. Whee! Snow Day! I took advantage of our unseasonably cold and snowy weather to stay at home and knit.

I picked up the 15mm's, popped in a movie and knit I did. And knit. And started a new ball. And finished that ball. And... yup. I ran out of yarn. In the back of my mind, I knew I was going to run out of yarn, but I just kept knitting. Hell - the pattern I was knitting told me I didn't have enough yarn, but I chose to ignore it. (I'm beginning to think I have some kind of knitting related learning disability.)

In the end, it wasn't such a bad, well, end. This made me stop, put my live stitches on a holder and try on the sweater. Verdict? Not so good. Firstly, the sweater was too big. (Okay, sure, it's super bulky yarn and the design has big puffy sleeves, but nonetheless: too big) Second, even if I were to knit the smaller size, I suspect I still wouldn't like the fit. I think I may have finally learned my lesson with the chunky knits. I say "may have" because let's not forget how slow I am to learn.

Frogged. Wound. Good-bye fair knitting:


2 comments:

Vaedri said...

The snow made getting to work a miserable experience, but it's so pretty!

Reckless Glue said...

whaaaa? drat.
but they are just so irresitable! If only non-chunky knits would knit up as fast.