Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Instant Hat - Instant Grat...ification

Much like the universe, Gretel is ever-expanding. When I finished knitting the hat, I thought it was a little on the large size, but I decided "enh? It's supposed to be slouchy, right?". Either the hat is growing, or my perceived size of it has. Either way, I feel as though I've been wearing a rasta hat, and something had to be done.

With no time to re-knit the thing (the Christmas knitting! The Christmas knitting!), I opted for plan "B": knit a replacement at the speed of light.



Pattern: Aspen Hat from Twinkle's Big City Knits
Yarn: Twinkle Soft Chunky
Needles: 15mm addi turbos
Mods/Notes: Magic Loop-ed her



I am not a fast knitter. On top of that, unwieldy 15mm monster needles hamper my knitting style, making the process even slower. Despite all that, I don't think this hat took much more than an hour to finish. Whee!

***HOLIDAY KNITTING UPDATE***

- Bender has two arms to go with his legs
- The swallowtail has been knit, mangled, ripped back and re-knit (essentially rendering the time I last spent with it useless outside of "learning")
- I cast on some socks for my Dad and knit the toe

Unless Christmas gets postponed this year I'm totally editing my gift list!

9 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

VERY cute! I should probably frog mine and do it over too...

Knitting Mama said...

That is super cute. And looks great on you! I love fast knits!

lekkercraft said...

cute - the blue with your red hair looks cool. Is it a comfy hat?

Miss Muffy said...

Yep - it's super comfy! Could stand to cover the ears a little more, but that might just depend on how you wear it.

Macoco said...

Wow, a hat in an hour sounds fantastic. Very funky and a lovely color.

Courtney said...

That is a really cute hat :-)

CaThY . said...

you are the fairest of them all

Dipsy Doodle said...

Wow! What an absolutely gorgeous hat this is! Nothing can beat instant gratification projects indeed! It looks ever so soft and cozy and suits you so perfectly well! Fantastic job!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com

wocket said...

ooo! I've been looking for a hat to knit and the aspen lovely! Would you be able to post the pattern? Pleeeeeze?xxx