Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Knit-o-lutions '08

First, et's check up on last years Knit-a-lutions and see how I did, shall we?

Learn to knit Continental style: Nope.

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. Technically I did learn how to knit continental style, but it didn't take. I thought it would have me knitting at the speed of light, but it was awkward and slow and I gave up pretty quickly. I'll just stick with my bastardized English method until I feel up for the challenge again. I'm an English bastard!

Knit something requiring colour work: Yes and No

I did knit this:


But the deadline was so short I kind of fudged it. (My first attempt at intarsia, and if you were to inspect it closely? Not pretty.) What I really wanted to try was stranded knitting of some kind. I kind of left the idea stranded - muah-ah-ah-ah!

Felt something on purpose Yes!

It still counts if it didn't really work out, right? These house slippers didn't really take too well to my yarn/needle substitutions. Ah well, I'll give it another go sometime.

Knit something with cables: Yes!

Sure, I frogged it, but I'm now able-to-cable, baby!

Knit double the amount of sweaters that I did last year : Yes!

(Well, I only knit one in 2006, so it wasn't much of a stretch)

All in all, 2007 was very productive on the knitting front. I may not have finished as many projects as I would have liked, but all those mistakes sure learned me some lessons. In fact, I've learned I'm a pretty adventurous knitter. I'm always looking to learn new skills and I've never turned down a project for fear it would be too difficult. Of course, this makes for a lot of frogging and frustration, but what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right? (And fine wine helps. Lots of wine.)

And without further ado...

KNIT-O-LUTIONS 2008

Do some stranded knitting

Let's give that another go, shall we?

Design, design, design

Knittin' it my way. (More on that later)

That's it! Just two this year. One technique, and one big honkin' undertaking. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Rhinestic said...

Hi Julia! Saw your post on the Drops Design cable dress. Actually, I thought it would look pretty good if it's just a skirt! Somehow the whole design of the cable dress doesn't seem to suit everyone.. If I take away the belt from mine, it looks equally unflattering on me...

Rhinestic said...

Oh! And all the best for your Knit-o-lutions this year!! I hope to be able to design my own knit/crochet wear too...

Reckless Glue said...

ok, I desperately want to do knitolutions as well, but I am so woefully far behind on blogging that it's the middle of January and I'm not done talking about xmas yet.
I hope it's a slow work week for me.

Sarah said...

Great sweaters! And, that mask. Hilarious!