Thursday, February 07, 2008

Snow Daze and Yarn play..z

Um, like what's with all the snow?



And what's with people taking their bikes out in February?



Last night we had snowstorm number three (?) of the season (the Yarn Harlot has documented it much better than I). I heard there was as much as 40 cm that fell overnight. 40cm! That's like... four gauge swatches!

Speaking of swatches, I knit this lovely little monstrosity last night:



No, it's not some new design gone horribly awry. I attended February's Knitty's Yarn Round-table event, or as I like to call it: Yarn-Tasting. Mmmm, yarn. It was hosted by the lovely ladies at Toronto's shiny new yarn shop The Purple Purl. It was my first time at the 'Purl, and undoubtably not my last. Cozy chairs, yummy desserts, new and exotic yarn. *sigh* It's a wonder anyone left, what with the weather and all.

In good form, I brought my camera, and in true form, failed to take any pictures whatsoever. I assure you it was well documented, just not by me. At the risk of breaching some kind of Knitty confidentiality agreement, I won't tell you which yarns were "tasted". But I will show you my little souvenirs:



Looks like Blythe will be getting some fancy new sweaters!

In the meantime, I will anxiously await the next thaw so I can open my back door and rescue the garbage on my patio:



Unattainable refuse:

7 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

yup, that pretty much looks like my balcony! I'm hoping the next three consecutive days of snow we're getting here won't thwart any driving plans this weekend :(
grrr the weather gods are never on my side it seems.

Christie said...

That's a damn lot of snow! I mean, once it melts, won't the water come in the house? It sometimes boggles my mind that the ground can absorb that much water that quickly. Bear with me, I'm from California.

Courtney said...

LOVE the snow :-) Where is it that you live?

Macoco said...

That is a lot of snow! The last picture almost has a horror movie feel to it. Like Jason is going to bust out of the snow and through the door.

Julia said...

I'm in Toronto guys, but you'd think it was north pole these days!

emmwlr said...

Everytime I feel like complaining about the New England weather, I just pop over to a Toronto blog and then I calm right down. We only got a couple inches (how many centemeters is that? 7cm? 8?) and now I have perspective. Enjoy your yarn group - there's nothing like that near me.

Nadine Fawell said...

How'bout that weather? You get a lot of weather in Canada...
Love your swatch pics - did the parrots love the swatch?