Monday, March 03, 2008

Yarnless in Toronto

After vowing to complete my cardigan this weekend I found myself Sunday afternoon, with only half a collar to knit and out of yarn. Again. I already had to buy extra skeins last week! The icing on the cake? The only store in town that carries the yarn decided to change their hours and close on Sundays starting... March 2nd. Baah!

With this unexpected sweater hiatus, I was suddenly project-less. Without skipping a beat I started myself a new sweater.

It's the Borealis sweater from Twinkle's Weekend Knits in Twinkle Soft Chunky "peacock blue" and "urchin" (peacock blue doesn't exist in this link for some reason. Maybe because it's my prize yarn?). I know, I know. Super bulky yarn combined with horizontal stripes? I'm just asking to look like wooly mammoth in this one but I don't learn lessons easy. I've somehow convinced myself that this won't be complete disaster, so just hush up until I prove myself wrong! Besides, at the speed this is knitting, if it ends up back in the frog pond I won't be shedding any tears.

Without a lot to exciting knitting content, I thought I'd take a cue from so many other bloggers and post some foodie fodder:


I made Laura's Mattar Paneer! Oh. Mah. Gawd. This was SO good! I've always loved paneer. Despite hearing it wasn't difficult to make I just never got around to it (possibly due to my inability to find cheesecloth which I now seem to see everywhere). Not only was it easy, but it's possibly the best paneer I've had! You just can't beat fried cheese. Thanks Laura!

Judging by all the recipes floating around out there on knitting blogs, does that mean most knitters like to cook? Should I post other stuff I make?

8 comments:

whistlepeaknits said...

I'm always up for posting and finding recipes!

laura said...

that looks super yummy! I feel like I'm getting another craving already!

And yeah, fresh paneer is the best. Mmmmm.

Reckless Glue said...

yeah me too, I'm all about the food photos, can't get enough...AND I've been meaning to make that paneer myself (actually I had convinced Nat to make it for me, but we ran out of time on the weekend...)
I think the borealis will be nice on you. I'm not all that happy with mine, but it's definitely comfy. I'm thinking I may frog it though. I never seem to bother frogging sweaters I don't like---just pile them in my closet as a horrible reminder. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

lekkercraft said...

i love food posts from knitters and I'm always bookmarking recipes. I started posting a Foodie Friday on my blog (most weeks)for anything food-related I wanted to share.

diane said...

why is romni closed on sundays now????

Mintyfresh said...

i'm back to cooking a lot after taking about a year to rebel and eat out all the time, so I think my blog is going to take a drastic turn in the coming weeks! I love paneer so much; I made it once with moderate succes. I'll have to try this!

kgirl said...

that dish looks amazing - I'm coming to your place for dinner :)

bad luck about the changed shop hours, mate - you can't help bad luck!

Fuji Mama said...

Thanks to you I made this this weekend and was in paneer heaven! Thank you so much! Maybe us knitters just like to use our hands and that's why so many of us cook!