Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Good Life

Welcome to my new office:

My co-workers are pansies but the coffee is much better. And what's this in my new "cubicle"?


A finished pair of Prairie boots!


PATTERN: Prairie Boots from Coco Knits
YARN: Renolds Reynolds Icelandic Lopi Tweed (thrift store find)
NEEDLES: 6mm
NOTES/MODIFICATIONS: I had a bit of trouble getting gauge which may explain why the slippers are a little on the big side. The sole turned out exactly the same size as my foot, but the boot upper is a little too roomy. If I were to knit them again, I'd go down a needle size for the body of the boot. I might go back with a single ply of yarn and crochet around the the button holes to stabilize them a little. Overall though, it's a very clever and well-written pattern. Quick too!


(I sympathize with sock knitters everywhere; taking a picture of one's own feet is not an easy...um, feat.) I can't say I'm distraught about the sizing issue considering current temperatures in my new workspace (knit flip-flops might be more appropriate). And how 'bout them buttons?

Yes, I bought different buttons. They may look quite similar to those in my last post, but I'm infinitely more happy with them.

And to complete the outdoor office/knitwear portion of today's program:

My new cell phone got a new cozy!

PATTERN: CO 26sts, knit in the round for a while, 3-needle bind off - finit!
YARN: Noro Kureyon Sock (I think the colour is S184 - left over from this)
NEEDLES: 2.5 mm
NOTES/MODS: I'm aware this looks like a woolly prophylactic, but I'm cool with that.


Now where's that squirrel with my files?

2 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

wow lots of fancy new toys-- having no job is treating you well!

The Nutritionista said...

I cannot wait til Tuesday's at the "office"!!!