Friday, May 23, 2008

How do you spell "chotchkies"?

Tuesday was my last day at the office and I spent most of it cleaning out the old "cube":

I can't seem to find appropriate places for my office chotchkies at home. Is that a sign?
Then there's the plant from my cubicle:

Totally thriving in it's new home -and I'm terrible at keeping plants alive! Is that a sign?
If that's not enough, I nearly forgot this book at the office:


That's totally a sign, right?
Perhaps I'm just reading too much into it.

Funny, that now that I have all the time in the world to blog my little heart out, I've been totally uninspired. It's not like I haven't been knitting:


I have one prairie boot pretty much finished. I even bought buttons:

I'm not really happy with my choice, so I think these are going to end up in what will eventually become a button stash. Heck, I have a yarn stash, a fabric stash, what's one more stash? Buttons are small. Time to start hording!

I turned the heel on my the sock that's been living in my purse for a while:

I can't say I turned it well:


I really have no excuse for turning out such a sloppy heel considering I knit it at stitch 'n' bitch where I was surrounded by expert knitters. Expert sock knitters no less. I keep claiming to be "not a sock knitter" but maybe that's just an excuse to continue knitting them poorly. This is the fourth pair of socks I've knit after all!

And then there's Ms.Marigold:


She's progressing at an alarming rate. Now that she's at the point where I just knit around and around in stockinette, I'm saving her for "mindless knitting". I can't keep knitting that same sorry old sock at stitch 'n' bitch!

I'm sure before long, I'll be blogging up a storm with all this new-found free time. In the meantime, you can find me on Facebook. Yes, I finally broke down and joined the masses. I am a lemming. I resisted for as long as possible but sadly, it seems to be the only method by which some people communicate*. Besides now that I'm unemployed self-employed: I gotta network, baby!

*If you ever catch me using "facebook" as a verb, as in "I'll facebook you tonight!", please shoot me. (Yes, I realize I use blog as a verb all the time. But that's funny!)

3 comments:

Monique said...

hmmm... looks like all signs point to "yes," right? I love the prairie boots. I think the buttons looks ok, even not being an exact match. They have some sort of natural-ly thing going on that works with the yarn. Good luck and enjoy your new freedom!

PS - Facebook is the least evil of all the social networking sites. It's the only one I really follow these days to keep up with old buddies.

Reckless Glue said...

tchotchke
learning how to spell this was cathartic for me.
let's see if we can blog about our prairie boots on the same day!
k facebook you l8ter.
heh.
that will never get old.

Avril said...

Oh, come now... to Facebook is an acceptable verb but you have to note the correct usage. It is a seperable verb as is common in German grammar. The correct sentence is then: "I will book your face." ;)
Love the sock, even if you think the heel is badly turned!