Friday, August 08, 2008

You can take the girl out of the country...

Much like laundry, once you start procrastinating about posting to your blog, the task just gets bigger and bigger. Before you know it you've run out of underwear and you have to take a cab to the laundromat. Let's consider this my first "load".

I'm back from two glorious weeks in cottage country. Sigh. Here's a peek at what I've left behind:


The flora! The fauna!

Valley Heritage Radio Bingo! (No bingos, but I did finally win a game of Trivial Pursuit)

I'm certainly missing the fresh country air that doesn't reek of urine and rotting garbage. Most of all though, I'm going to miss the long days free of responsibility, where I can actually find the time to do things like this:

I bought a bag of random buttons at a thrift store, washed them, sorted them, and sewed the matching sets onto cardboard. Who has the time to do such things? Sorting buttons? Madness!

Oh yeah, and I knit:


Despite packing enough yarn to knit a whole new fall wardrobe, I didn't find myself knitting as much as I thought I would. (I spent a lot of time working on another craft project which is a gift and therefore, unbloggable). I still managed to come home with a good chunk of sweater:

This yarn knits up quick. I have a feeling even if this sweater turns out to make me look like a big fat stripe-y lump, I'll wear it anyway. SO soft. SO fuzzy! SO warm and entirely inappropriate for summer knitting!

Now that I'm back to the "real" world, I have to deal with things like, oh, I don't know, finding gainful employment. This silly task is seriously cutting into my knitting time! I have a feeling I'm going to be posting more often in an effort to avoid such serious matters. I'll try my best to avoid too much procrastination. I certainly don't want the job hunt leaving me undie-less and hailing a cab. Eek!

1 comment:

Reckless Glue said...

that sweater's gonna be awesome--I can feel it!