Sunday, September 07, 2008

Totally working

Hi Cathy!

I opened up your store just fine. I'm totally not using my time here to stage photos of my new finished sweater.

Why yes, this was knit with Mirasol Miski baby llama. How did you know that? The colours? Oh, they would be "snowdrop" and "french navy".


You want to know the pattern? That's funny, you don't knit very much. Well, anyway, it's basically the "relaxed pullover" from the Vogue knitting website. Yep, it's a free one. You think the sleeves look different?


What an astute observation! I did, indeed, modify the sleeves. I'm quite pleased with the outcome. Now I can totally stock your shelves without those pesky bell sleeves catching on everything. The neckline?

Yes, that is crochet. Two rows of single crochet in fact... though I may rip it out and knit a few rows to make a rolled edge instead. Or maybe applied i-cord? I don't know. But come on now enough chit-chat, I really need to get back to work!

That foxy beret? Yeah, I finished that one too. You want me to model it? Well, it's your store. If you think my time would be best spent showing you a beret, that's your prerogative.

Your right, the knitting elastic I used on the ribbing doesn't help much considering how loose the edge is. The brushed suri I used is pretty nice stuff though. The colour? "Whipped cream".


No, I know you don't carry whipped cream, I was just saying that's the name of the yarn colour. Can I get back to work now? Sheesh!

9 comments:

whistlepeaknits said...

The sweater is adorable. It would look awful on me but I'm glad someone out there can rock the French sailor look.

Sherral said...

lovely!

dawn said...

Wow that sweater looks beautiful on you. I love it.

The Nutritionista said...

you, looking all lovely and posing in pretty knitwear sure does make the shop look nice!

Christie said...

So cute Sweater and hat! tres chic!

kgirl said...

love, love, love that sweater!! anything with "french navy" always sounds so chi-chi to me :)

Reckless Glue said...

love it all. Man I am so far behind on internetting right now...

Chris said...

I totally agree with everyone that the sweater is smashing! And yeah for no bell sleeves! BTW, you look super cute in the new Knitty!! even with your Vogue-copied eyeshawdow (haha! just kidding - I'll give you credit for rockin' it first!)

lekkercraft said...

Cute! The sweater is GREAT on you, and I like how the neckline is finished the way you did it.