Sunday, October 19, 2008

There'll be no More Botches for Girls who Knit Swatches

It's been swatch fever here at Casa de Knitteroo. I've been on a bit of a design kick lately. Instead of my usual routine of letting the ideas bounce around in my head with all of that other non-knitting (non-important?) information like the economic crisis and how to poach a good egg, I thought I'd bust out the needles.

Unfortunately, I don't particularly enjoy sharing half-baked ideas works-in-progress. It's not for fear of design thievery, I just want to avoid pushing the hatchling out too early, you know? Plus, Santa's on his way and and my x-mas knitting may very well put new pattern designs on the backburner. At least when the holiday madness is over I'll have some swatches to remind me what I was thinking before I decked the halls. Fah-la-la-la-la!

Speaking of knitted prezzies, my first argyles are taking about as along as the American election campaigns (Does anyone outside of Canada even realize we just had a federal election?). Despite the tediousness of the tiny needles and mess of bobbins, I can't help but smile each time I sit back to admire my work in progress. Argyle! Neat little diamonds of colour! This project hasn't been getting nearly enough of my attention lately but what with the holiday deadline and the recent temperature drop, methinks I shall be spending a little more time with the poor, wee thing.

This socks' days of posing with summer flowers are numbered!

In fact, I think I'll take the sock on a little trip. Me and Mr.Argyle (and the "real" boyfriend) will going to NYC this upcoming weekend for the WFMU record fair. Whee! I think I'll show him Habu and School Products and maybe Purl Soho... See? Working in a knitting store doesn't curb your appetite for yarn at all!

Appetite? Now maybe it's time to poach some eggs...

2 comments:

Christie said...

I knew you had elections! Who won? Have no idea. We Americans are nothing, if we're not attention hogs.

Have a great time in NYC! Take lots of pictures!

Reckless Glue said...

I was wondering if you were still going to NY--woot! We have canned our yearly xmas trip there :/ so I will have to live vicariously through you...