Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whole Lotta Rose-y

Second FO of '09!


Pattern: Anniversary scarf from Vogue Knitting Fall 2007
Yarn: Tilli Thomas Fil de Mer in "Parchment" and "American Beauty" (I think!)
Colinette Tao Silk in "Tapis"
Needles: 3.75
Notes/Mods.: Knit one extra flower, 26 in total.


This scarf was initially super-fun to knit. Then came the finishing.


Waah! The finishing! I think most knitters agree that starting a project is far superior to finishing, but there are certainly varying degrees of finishing. A hat? Weave in ends. Big woop! A sweater? Sew seams, weave in ends; not much fun. This scarf?


Sew 25 individual flowers to a knit border as well as each other. Torture! Oh, and did I mention all the flowers have beads?

I think this one took as long to put together as it did to knit. I certainly hope the ends justify the means! Lucky for me, this one is going to Mum. If mothers across the globe loving accept their children's gifts of macaroni glued to construction paper, a pure silk hand knit scarf shouldn't be a hardship (I hope!). This one's for you, Ma!

4 comments:

subliminalrabbit said...

beautiful!!!

whistlepeaknits said...

You're mom is one lucky lady.

Reckless Glue said...

wow, it's a masterpiece!

kgirl said...

oh, the finishing angst was worth it - it's so lovely!