Friday, January 09, 2009

Wrap it Up

Firstly, thank-you for all of the nice compliments on my new 'do'. Goodness knows I would be incapable of blogging should my audience disprove of my haircut.

Secondly, a good-bye 2008 hello 2009 post is long overdue, yes? You'll have to forgive the sporadic posts. Us here in the northern hemisphere are experiencing those winter days where sunlight is a precious commodity seen only between the hours of 8 and 5 (ish). This means my window of opportunity to photograph my knitting is between waking and working. This time is better spent pouring coffee down my throat and attempting to locate my keys. Sorry, but a girl's gotta have priorities!

The 2008 knit list:


Selena Hat

Borealis sweater (technically I didn't finish it)
Jenny Cloche
"Gilet #480-T7-268" from Phildar Winter 2007/2008
Struan
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Flower Power washcloth
Pin box washcloth
2 noro sock cell cozies
Prairie Boots
Elisa Nest Tote
Ms.Marigold
Bulky Houndstooth Pillow experiment
Skull wristband
Foxy Beret
Relaxed Pullover
Cathy's Down-sized Gretel Beret
Bounce
Jenny Cloche for Shopgirls #1
Jenny Cloche for Shopgirls #2
Jenny Cloche for Shopgirls #3
Jenny Cloche for Shopgirls #4
Jenny Cloche for Shopgirls #5
Mended socks for Laire (does that count?)
Laire Toque
Pat Hat
Argyle Socks

I've never made one of these lists before and it's been quite revealing. I didn't quite crank out the projects so much as learn a lot!

Now let's check up on those 2008 Knit-o-lutions:

KNIT-O-LUTIONS 2008

Do some stranded knitting:

Check! Okay, it was a wee wrist-band, but it was definitely stranded

Design, design, design:

Check! Again, I could have gone bigger and better with this one. I may have only officially published one design, but I did a lot of preliminary work on others (hence the poor FO count)

What would I like to see for '09?

KNIT-O-LUTIONS 2009

Do more knitting for myself: I knit almost every day last year and how many projects were for me? Not nearly enough. 2009 will be the year of ME!

Publish three patterns: Eek! A tall order, but I think I can do it.

Stash bust: No more hanging onto yarn I might use one day. Knit it or pass it on!

That's a wrap, folks. I can almost taste the first FO of '09...

2 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

omg I had forgotten about that phildar sweater! And I love how in your collage photo your body has Jenny bobble head...
to 2009 and being more selfish!

kgirl said...

sound like some great resolutions there...

my fave FO of yours from last year is still the Ms Marigold - particularly with the polka dot top and red beads!