Monday, February 23, 2009

The Comeback?

I learned a couple of things while watching the Oscars last night. 1) Mickey Rourke was not the shoe-in I believed him to be for Best Actor, and 2) I will have to rip out and begin my Owl sweater all over again. Now mind you, I haven't seen any of the Oscar nominated movies this year (what can I say, I haven't been getting out much), but I have no excuse for not being familiar with gauge.


Never forget the almighty gauge! Gauge, much like a horror movie villain, will come back to slice you with a machete, just when you believed they were gone for good. I should know better. After all, I work in a yarn store where I frequently discourage people from messing with gauge unless they're willing to sit down, swatch and do some serious math. I skipped the math (just like high school - heh-heh!) and should not have been surprised to find myself knitting a child-sized sweater.

Even Teddy has turned his back on me!

Not to worry. The sweater is easy and I don't mind beginning anew if it means a good fit. I'm not blaming the curse of the Alaska yarn... yet.

3 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

that yarn is haunted.

Christie said...

What an adorable pattern! Sucks about the frogging, but that cuteness is totally worth it!

whistlepeaknits said...

More knitting for you right? Right?!?