Sunday, February 15, 2009

Truly Outrageous

Forgive me Blogger for I have sinned. It has been nearly two weeks since my last confession, er, posting. Where have I been? Well, it's a long story. You see, my husband and I, along with a few of our closest, richest, friends hired a boat to cruise around the Mediterranean. One day during a site-seeing excursion, I found myself lost at sea with the ship's fisherman. After landing on a deserted island we became lovers despite our vastly different backgrounds... Oh sorry, that's the plot of Swept Away. Sure, it was a terrible movie, but it's more entertaining than my excuses for not posting to the blog.

The fact is, I've just been busy. My flurry of an activity is drawing to a close and I couldn't be happier. I've had far too little time to knit, and I plan on making up for the deficit.


What's all this, then? (That phrase sounds much better with an English accent, preferably cockney. Go back and read it again!) Do you ever find yourself compensating for lost knitting time with yarn acquisitions? It's so much quicker to buy yarn than to knit it! I'm finding myself going through a faze of planning a new knitting project almost daily, yet working on next to nothing. This basket 'o yarn is the result of a deal I couldn't pass up at ye olde yarn emporium. I had almost talked myself out of buying any until I found the yarn would work for this:

James Coviello's Snowdrop Jacket from Vogue Knitting Fall 2008. It's a design that I originally flipped by without a second glance and suddenly find myself obsessed with. Seeing Knit Lit successfully knit one of these puppies sealed the deal.

I also picked up a couple of extra balls in a colours I couldn't resist:


This lemonade/sweatshirt grey combo is so terribly 80's I want to give it a hug. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I see stripes... or lightening bolts! (Somebody stop me if I get too Jem and the Holograms). I guess it's an inevitable part of aging to start reminiscing about your childhood. Oh, yeah, I also had a birthday this week!

(Keep myself informed? I'm reading the paper am I not?
Is this the Globe and Mail's way of selling more newspapers?)


As a present to myself (er, another present to myself?) I have cast on my Owl sweater before completing my second Bird in Hand mitten.

This puts the fate of my mittens in dire straits (the situation, not the band, we're done with the 80's references!) but sure makes for happy knitting!

2 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

I saw that sweater months ago and thought of you! Kate's looks amazing, I'm sure yours will be too...someone else on ravelry had done a nice black and grey version (I think) as well that looked fab.

subliminalrabbit said...

ha! LOVE the name of your post! truly truly truly outrageous!

due to an aborted attempt at honeycomb (not. enough. yarn.), i'm totally casing on willy-nilly today too!