Sunday, March 01, 2009

Priorities

Because I enjoy knitting, and for the most part, it's a hobby, I feel guilty spending a whole day knitting. My last day off was spent cleaning and re-organizing my kitchen cupboards. A fine and noble thing to do with one's spare time. Meanwhile, the hat I finished in December with the intention to write up as a pattern, is still a work in progress. Why? Well those priorities! If I had spent that last day off test knitting and laying out a pattern, I would feel guilty about the state of the storage of my canned goods. What the hell is wrong with me? In the immortal words of Mitch Hedburg, I need to "get my priorities crooked".

So with priorities appropriately shifted, I have spent my weekend knitting, organizing a photo-shoot, and working on layouts for my next pattern publication. Yay! It won't be ready for a couple of weeks, but in the meantime, here's the long over-due write-up of Laire's hat:

It's not really a "design", but I know sometimes we all just need a simple pattern and can't be bothered doing the math ourselves! Besides, it was good inDesign practice (I've been meaning to teach myself inDesign for ages - I used to use Illustrator. Two birds with one stone!) Go pick it up for free on Ravelry!

I hope to have another "real" pattern finished in a couple of weeks. Anyone want to test knit one of these?



Email me!

4 comments:

whistlepeaknits said...

You are truly a design force to be reckoned with.

Reckless Glue said...

oooh, love that new beret!

nicole said...

Would it be possible that I got my haircut by laire like....many, many years ago? it was a great cut! And then he told me he was going away to Spain or some place...

Julia said...

Quite possible, Nicole. Laire worked at Coupe Bizarre on and off for years. In between jet-setting around the globe! Me and my hair miss him greatly.