Sunday, April 05, 2009

I get around

If you're anything like me, you have a constant list of things you'll "get around to" some day. Do you find if you're a crafty individual, applying your craftular talents to own home proves exceedingly difficult? Par example, the lowly washcloth:


This sad state of affairs is the one and only washcloth I have knit for my own home. Really, it's a swatch, the result of my mosaic knitting curiosity. This poor little cloth has been used and abused for months as the primary dish wiper in my kitchen. It was time:


Why did it take me so long to get around to it? Because it was easy.

I'm having a passionate love affair with garter stitch these days.

Pattern: Made it up - garter stitch on the bias, throw in some YO's and stripes,... done.
Yarn: Mayflower cotton 8 held double
Needles: 5mm addi turbos

Another project finally underway: the recycled wine corkboard. I've been saving corks since the dawn of time for this project.

Turns out, if you've been saving corks since the dawn of time, you will still be left with exactly half the number of corks necessary to complete a cork-board. Oh well. Back to work!

4 comments:

whistlepeaknits said...

I am about to do a procrastinator / dishcloth post. Creepy! I made seven this weekend after putting it off for YEARS!

Reckless Glue said...

you'd better get drinkin' lady!

msflowerlegs said...

if only i drank wine with corks, i'd save them for ya! classy screw tops for me. sigh.

Julia said...

I know! If only Mezzamondo didn't have a synthetic cork...