Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summertime and the beading is easy

Bonk!

Yup, the crochet necklace is over and out. My original intent was to crochet every bead in the necklace. Ha! After about five I changed my mind.

For one, single crochet isn't my fave. Two? I crocheted the little critters around wooden beads. For anyone who is familiar with crochet, you need to insert your hook through the work to create another stitch. Where one would normally encounter air on the other side of the work, I was butting up against a hard little nugget of wood. Awkward. Not fun.


In the end, I picked up some coordinating wooden beads and strung myself up a necklace. I'm quite pleased I strayed far-far away from the inspiration:

What do you think she's listening to that's making
her look like that? Barry White? A lullabye?

The "other lover" will be monopolizing a lot of my knitting for a while. Lucky for you, what you can't read here, you can read there! I've decided that though the "other" must be tended to with a certain amount of priority, I get weekends off. That is, weekends are knit-wherever-the-wind-takes-me. This is how the wind is blowing on this first official weekend of summer:


Let's just say it's a "surprise"

7 comments:

nestra said...

That necklace is gorgeous!

Sel and Poivre said...

That necklace is soooo great - I love the way the bare wood contrasts and with those perfect crocheted spheres with that bit of metallic adds sparkle - plus what a great length!

Reckless Glue said...

love that necklace --looks great! You're knittin' up a storm right now. I think we've flip-flopped.

TattingChic said...

Hi! I like your necklace much better than the inspiration necklace. It looks much more fashionable! Nice work! :)

The Nutritionista said...

my birthday is Sept 3rd (just a reminder)

Fox said...

I cannot believe you did this necklace..... Whatever possessed you...... Must admit, it is kinda amazing!

Rima said...

That necklace is beautiful!

Rima
www.yarnydays.com