Saturday, November 14, 2009

That's a wrap!

At last!


Knit to the last drop, I finally finished my entrelac wrap/giant scarf.


Pattern: Just entrelac. I used this tutorial from Interweave, doubling the cast-on number. Add a little fringe and voila!
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted in #35 Frank Ochre (4 skeins)
Finished Size approx: 15" wide by 60" long (excluding fringe)
Notes: Before I started the last skein, I cut my fringe and set it aside so I could knit until I ran out of yarn. And boy did I cut it close! I intended on adding a reverse single crochet border along the long sides to neaten the edges but didn't have enough yarn left. Ah well, I'll live.

Don't you find the knits that are the biggest slog end up being your favourites? I'm totally in love with this thing! So soft and smooshy! So big and cozy! So frank-y ochre-y!


Mother nature now has my permission to turn down the heat.

7 comments:

even eve said...

I love the mustard or in this case "frank ochre" yellow.

ingrid said...

It's utterly GORGEOUS!

whistlepeaknits said...

Love it! That colour is stunning.

Happily Knit said...

Oh that is all kinds of AWESOME! That color = mahhhhhvlas!

Sel and Poivre said...

So true about the slogging knits being most beloved in the end! That knit is great, big and gorgeous - I think I've only ever seen Noro and baby blankets in entrelac - once again you make the savvy colour decision and refresh the whole idea!

Reckless Glue said...

I love it --the colour is superb!

Fox said...

Fabulous, Julia! sa