Saturday, October 23, 2010

Baby Got Back

It's just about hat season, and this girl is ready:

Please excuse blurry photos!

A long awaited glorious finished knit!

Pattern: Brioche stitch hat from Patons Anti freeze
Yarn: Farmhouse yarns Andy's Merino (one skein)
Colour: Seabreeze
Needles: 5.5 mm
Notes/mods: My yarn is much finer that the yarn the pattern calls for, so I crunched some numbers and changed the gauge. The assembly is tricky. Tricky enough that you ask yourself "Am I doing this right?" the entire time. Trust the diagram.


Despite my successful assembly, the first time I took this hat out for a test run I found it constantly sliding down the back of my head. Blame the back-heavy style or my silky smooth hair (hah!) but it wasn't working for me. I ended up tightening the fit by sewing down some of the business in the back.

Yes, this hat has got some serious junk in the trunk. Me likey!

Has my nose always been a perfect triangle? What am I, a cartoon?

Yes I am.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

At least your nose is a 'nice' triangle. I'd never take a close up of mine.

Reckless Glue said...

so cute --love it!

Julia said...

Pish-posh, Brenda! It's taken a long time to accept the fact that I don't have 'dainty' nose. You've got a great lookin' sniffer - love that nose of yours!