Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ode to Sally

There is no arguing Mad Men has had a huge influence in fashion since it hit the airwaves. Where a decade ago we were deciding to be Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda or Carrie, now we're choosing between Betty, Peggy or Joan. I could never entirely decide which SATC character I identified with (I think I'm a Carrie/Miranda hybrid to be honest) so it's no wonder I'm looking beyond the leading ladies of Mad Men.

Don't cry, ballerina!

I think I'm a Sally. Okay, maybe I don't possess the personality of a little girl dealing with her parent's divorce, but damn! That little girl's got style!

Lil' plaid jumper? Don't mind if I do!

Mod print in bright fushia? Yes please!

I would totally wear that.

Gaawd! Don't you just wanna give her a hug?

Seriously, if my wardrobe looks anything like that of a Mad Men character, it's Sally's. Does that mean I dress like a prepubescent girl from the 60's?

1 comment:

Delphine Roussel said...

OMG, I was totally thinking the same thing during the last episode when she was hanging out with her little misfit neighbour. She was sporting a beautiful yellow plaid dress and I thought to myself, damn that little girl has some serious style!