Sunday, January 30, 2011

Don't be hatin' when I be hattin'

Winter is long and cold. Far to long and cold for a girl to wear the same hat for months on end.
Pattern: Kat by Kim Hargreaves (published in the book "Precious")
Yarn: Patons Angora Bamboo in 90010 Sand
Notes/Mods: Despite quite a few boo-boos in my knitting, I knit this one strictly as written.

I love this hat!
Right from the get-go I had the idea to add a fur pom pom. Yup, fur. The controversial fashion material I once claimed was "okay, but kind of icky" and now find riding on my head on a regular basis.

While I've dodged a few trendy fashion bullets (harem pants, "boyfriend" jeans, peep-toe boots), I am not immune to trends. Case in point: I am currently wearing "jeggings". Falling hard for the fur trend, I didn't stop with pom-poms.

Check out the new specs too!

I picked up this vintage hat/hood for $10 and I love it. The first time I wore it I expected protesters to throw red paint at me when I left my house. As it turns out, no one is waiting outside my door paparatzi-style to critique what I'm wearing each day. Hunh!? In fact, I've had a lot of compliments on this furry little number. I especially love this comparison:


I'd guess I'd rather wear fur than go naked (I'll leave the nudity to the models). Don't throw red paint at my blog!

3 comments:

Andi said...

I like the fur pom pom. It's an unusual touch.

Sel and Poivre said...

Oooo I'm wearing jeggings this winter too - they are the warmest thing ever! (I also think the fur pom is a brilliant touch on that great knit!

Reckless Glue said...

love it all --esp. those glasses! (do you normally wear glasses? I can't remember now--maybe that means they automatically suit you!)