Saturday, August 27, 2011

WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION STAY AT HOME: PART 1

It appears most of the summer has elapsed without a single word here at good 'ole Knitteroo. Let's catch you up in installments shall we? Think of them as a collection of "what I did on my summer vacation" essays. Try to ignore the fact that I have neither taken a vacation, nor do I intend to write a formal essay.

WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION STAY AT HOME: PART 1

I got married!

After 11 years of coupledom, we decided to get "serious".

The dress:


From "Vintage Mix 1" , Ossingston, Toronto. $30!

The Shoes:

From "Original" on Queen St W, Toronto - Don't ask $$$!

The city hall cermony:

The guy who married us was named "Gordon Brown".
I'm fairly certain he was never the prime minister of England.

The dash to the restaurant:

Okay, nothing much special going on here, I just love this picture!

The dinner:

La Palette: We sorely miss their Kensington market locale,
but the food and service was no less spectacular on Queen Street.

There you have it. No horse-drawn carriage, no 200 of our closest friends, no chicken dance, just family and a nice meal. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

P.S. All photos by Jennifer Rowsom. She's amazing!

9 comments:

Andi said...

Congratulations!

B. said...

Congrats on getting serious—although it doesn't look all that serious to me. You are smiling in every picture!

Reckless Glue said...

yay wedding photos!! looks like a great day, congrats again :)

Amy R Singer said...

that's freaking fabulous! you both are gorgeous and i love the dress and shoes. congratulations, and have a lifetime of happiness and as little shit thrown your way as is possible. :)

Brendaknits said...

Congratulations. I love your hair. Both colour and style.

kgirl said...

huzzah! gorgeous wedding photos, and those shoes!!! to die for ;)

congrats to you both xx

The Nutritionista said...

Finally got to see some pictures!!! You guys look amazing. xoxoxoxoxox

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

M. Spence still looks incredible. Please say hi to her for me! (And it looks like you had a wonderful day: congratulations!!)

Sel and Poivre said...

What a fabulous looking couple you two make! Best of all the wedding looks like it was FUN!