Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pregnant pause

It was beginning to dawn on me that perhaps my blogging days were over. I hadn't blogged in months. Not for lack of content mind you, just lack of interest. The careful taking of pictures, the editing and resizing, the choosing of words... it all seemed exhausting. But then again, everything seemed exhausting. You see, if you look back on my last posts you'll notice I got married, then honeymooned... so what's the next logical step?

Ah yes, the posting of an ultrasound picture on the internet. If there's an upside to the upheaval pregnancy has on your system, it makes an awfully nice excuse for everything. Oh crap, I forgot your birthday? Sorry, baby brain! You want me help you move? Sorry, not supposed to do heavy lifting! You want me to come to see your experimental prog/metal/funk band? Sorry, I really need my sleep!

Honestly though, it wasn't until I realized that I started this blog in 2006, almost six whole years ago, that I thought it would be a real shame to let it die. So without further ado, let's get caught up on what's I've been up to around here between naps and frequent trips to the bathroom.


During the frenzy of the Missoni for Target collection last fall, I was inspired to whip up my own chevron-stripe creation.


Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in 77219 Seafoam, 00226 Black, 77514 Sesame, 77615 Yellow, 00238 Paprika, 00202 Aran, 00231 Chestnut Brown
Pattern: My own design I'm calling "Ottavio" as a nod to the Missoni family (possibly a pattern to come, but don't hold me to that - um, baby brain?).

I made this hat back in November and it hardly left my head all winter. I've got a lot of catching up to do, so I'll keep this post short and sweet. Besides, I've got to pee!

4 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

congrats again...do you know what you're having yet?

I will have to post pics too of my own missoni-inspired beret (using the yarn you gave me) --it's funny how different they look!

Psyche Knits said...

Congratulations! I enjoy reading your blog so I'm glad you're back :)

kgirl said...

ahh, congrats! hope you're feeling well (aside from the constant need to pee and the fatigue!)

glad you're back on blog-deck :)

Anonymous said...

love it!!!!